Attorneys Providing Efficient And Effective Representation In Estate Planning Matters
Regardless of what economic class you believe you are in, you have worked hard to earn a living, support your loved ones and build wealth. This is your estate, and you should get to decide what becomes of it when you are no longer around. When you contact The Law Office of Maury & Krol, PLLC, we will take you through the entire estate planning process and help you create a plan that provides for your loved ones, clearly states your final wishes and honors your legacy.
What Will Your Estate Plan Include?
Each estate plan should be customized to the individual named in it. Therefore, not all plans will utilize the same documents or legal instruments. However, most estate plans include the following:
- A will listing property and intended heirs
- A named estate executor (sometimes called a personal representative)
- One or more trusts to achieve specific financial allocation goals and/or to streamline probate
- Designated power of attorney (a trusted individual who can make important decisions for you if you become incapacitated)
- A living will (a document, also known as an advance directive for health care, stating your wishes for end-of-life medical care if you become incapacitated and are no longer able to make or communicate those decisions for yourself)
- A named health care decision-maker in your advance directive
If you’re not sure which documents you need, that will not be a problem. We can discuss all the details with you during your initial consultation.
Why It is Important To Hire A Skilled Estate Planning Attorney
Many people try to save money on estate planning by filling out free forms they found online. These documents are not customizable, leaving plenty of room for mistakes, omissions and confusing language. While you could save money upfront by taking a do-it-yourself approach to estate planning, it might end up costing your loved ones much more time and money later on. Poorly written estate plans can slow down the probate process, cause conflict among heirs and reduce the likelihood that your final wishes are honored. Simply stated: Hiring an attorney is a wise investment from a financial and legal standpoint.
Contact Us For Confident Guidance Through The Estate Planning Process
At The Law Office of Maury & Krol, PLLC, we are ready to help you plan for the future, protect your loved ones and leave a legacy you can be proud of. To discuss your legal options during a free consultation, call us at 804-529-3647 or fill out our online contact form.